Thumb grips tend to wear down. Once you have worn down the leather you should have the grip replaced. I have seen lots of nice bows that have a large indent in the stick which could have easily been prevented by changing the thumb grip before it's too late.
Thumb Grips -- Leather: Teju Pattern
- Violin Thumb Grips: $6 *
- Viola Thumb Grips: $6 *
- Cello Thumb Grips: $8 *
- Bass Thumb Grips: $8 *
IMG 20170306 115601 | |
Thumb Grips -- Teju Lizard
- Violin Thumb Grips: $12 *
- Viola Thumb Grips: $12 *
- Cello Thumb Grips: $14 *
- Bass Thumb Grips: $15 *
Protective Wrap Near Frog
This wrap protects the stamp and helpes to keep the stick from getting any additional wear.
- Violin: $20 *
- Viola: $20 *
- Cello: $22 *
- Bass: $25 *
IMG 20160823 110631 | |
Bow Wrapping with grip
The sterling silver is hand wrapped and then soldered all the way around at both ends. The solder is finished to the same thickness as the silver wire and then the thumb grip is fitted.
- Violin Sterling Silver; $45 *
- Viola Sterling Sliver: $45 *
- Cello Sterling Sliver: $55 *
- Bass Sterling Silver: $65 *
IMG 20170214 112209 IMG 20160324 152635 IMG 20180406 151226
IMG 20220527 170315 423 IMG 20220527 171027 189 IMG 20220527 171526 633
IMG 20220527 171736 878 IMG 20220527 172257 241 IMG 20220528 170231 442
Imitation Whale Bone with grip
The imitation whale bone wrap has good color and a slight arch. Once some irregularities are added it looks very similar to real whale bone.
- Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass: $20 *
IMG 20170127 160912 | |
- Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass: $10
* The price of the wrapping or grip is while the bow is being rehaired, it may be a little extra if you do not get your bow rehaired at the same time.